Главная / Методические материалы / Преподавание иностранных языков
Обучение функциональному языку на уроке по теме Лондон
Автор(ы): Денищенко Людмила Павловна, преподаватель английского языка
Objectives: by the end of the lesson the students will be able
- to ask for info, to say they know about something, to say they don’t know;
- to identify the main idea of the text; to extract specific info from the text.
Today we are going on studying the topic The United Kingdom. Could you tell me what you know about this country?
The full name of the country. Geography. Scenery. Economy. Politics. History. Places of interest.
1. We are speaking about LONDON today. Tell me what aspects of London you are interested in?
Fact File on London
2. Read and choose which words you can use to describe London. Start the sentence …
|age ||over 2 thousand years old |
|population ||7 million people/ crowded/ cosmopolitan |
|industry ||industrial/ not much, a little on the edge of the city, but nothing in the centre |
|prices ||it isn’t cheap for Russian people, it is the most expensive city in the world |
|transport ||busy/ double-decker and underground, taxis |
|cleanliness ||it’s a very clean city, hardly any rubbish |
|safety ||dangerous, you don’t feel safe when you walk the streets at night. |
|culture ||classical concerts, music festival |
|architecture ||full of wonderful Victorian Gothic buildings |
|atmosphere ||lively / romantic |
In my opinion London is
|busy noisy - sleepy cosmopolitan ||crowded dangerous - safe dirty - clean industrial |
|lively old-fashioned - modern ||unique wealthy - poor cheap – expensive fast-slow |
|medieval centre - tall skyscrapers ||interesting - boring |
3.These are famous sights in London. What are their names? Match the posters with their names. Some names are extra. Use In my opinion… It seems to me… I may be wrong but I think…
I don’t think you are right about it. I’m sorry I can’t agree with you.
THE HOUSES OF PARLIAMENT / THE PALACE OF WESTMINSTER
THE TOWER OF LONDON
ST PAUL’S CATHEDRAL
4. Read and match the facts and the posters (Stick the paragraphs next to the posters).
1. This house was built for John Sheffield, Duke of Buckingham, in the 18th century. When he died, his son sold it for 28,000 pounds to George the III.
2. Now it is the official home of the Queen. When the flag is flying on the top she is at home.
3. Every day at 11 a.m. many tourists watch the ceremony of Changing the Guard.
THE TOWER OF LONDON
1.It was built by William the Conqueror in the 11th century.
2. It was a fortress, a royal palace, a prison.
3.Now it is a museum. The Crown Jewels (драгоценности) have been kept there since 1303.
THE HOUSES OF PARLIAMENT
/ THE PALACE OF WESTMINSTER
1. It is the administrative heart of London.
2. It was built for the last Saxon king, Edward the Confessor (Эдуард Исповедник), in 1042.
William the Conqueror’s son, William Rufus, added (добавил) Westminster Hall in1099.
Henry III added the Painted Chamber (Расписная палата), and the first parliament met in 1265.
3. It remained the royal home until the 16th century. Then it became the home of the Lords and Commons.
4. When Charles II came to the throne in 1660, he stuck (привязал) Cromwell’s skull (череп) on the roof for 25 years.
Most of the old medieval palace was destroyed by fire in 1834. The palace was rebuilt in1840-60.
5. Look at the poster. This is another famous sight in London. Do you happen to know what the name of this bridge is. TOWER BRIDGE
Read the text and ask the questions to fill in the gaps. If you make mistakes you will be “hanged”. The “Hangman” will show how many mistakes you’ve made. (A game “Hangman”)
Tower Bridge was built in ____ near _____. The style is Victorian Gothic. It is the only Thames bridge which can be raised.
There is ______ at the top, but it i...
Текст просматриваемого вами методического материала урезан на треть (33%)!
Чтобы просматривать этот и другие тексты полностью, авторизуйтесь на сайте:
Добавлено: 2018.07.08 | Просмотров: 6
При использовании материалов сайта, активная ссылка на AREA7.RU обязательна!